What are the best wedding ceremony songs? Short answer: songs that are meaningful to you both. Skilled musicians will be able to make any song work acoustic, and if you want to hear the original you can always put the recording on. One of our brides even walked down the aisle to the Imperial March from Star Wars!
Some couples are not musically-minded though, and just need some ideas. So we’ve compiled the most popular songs from our wedding ceremonies in Melbourne over the past year. We’ll keep it updated so that it’s always showing the most popular songs.
1. Perfect – Ed Sheeran & Beyonce
2. All of Me – John Legend
3. Adore – Amy Shark
4. Somewhere Over the Rainbow – Israel Kamakawiwoʻole
5. Signed Sealed Delivered – Stevie Wonder
6. A Thousand Years – Christina Perri
7. Can’t Help Falling in Love – Elvis Presley
8. Stand By Me – Ben E. King
9. Thinking Out Loud – Ed Sheeran
10. Never Tear Us Apart – INXS
11. Lucky – Jason Mraz & Colbie Caillat
12. I’m Yours – Jason Mraz
13. If You Love Someone – Lukas Graham
14. If I Ain’t Got You – Alicia Keys
15. Marry You – Bruno Mars
16. Heaven – Bryan Adams
17. How Long Will I Love You – Ellie Goulding
18. At Last – Etta James
19. Canon in D – Pachelbel
20. Songbird – Fleetwood Mac
21. You Got the Love – Florence & The Machine
22. Better Together – Jack Johnson
23. The Beatles – Here Comes the Sun
24. Sweet Disposition – The Temper Trap
25. Hallelujah – Jeff Buckley
26. From This Moment On – Shania Twain
27. I Believe In A Thing Called Love- The Darkness
28. Runaway – The Corrs
29. I Don’t Want To Miss A Thing – Aerosmith
How many songs will I need to choose?
A minimum of four songs for a typical (Western) wedding ceremony: one for the procession when you walk down the aisle (though some couples like to choose a separate song for their bridal party), two for the signing, and one for the recessional at the end (usually something upbeat and fun).
You might also like to compile a short playlist for your musicians to play or celebrant to put on while your guests are arriving for the ceremony.
Looking for a playlist for your wedding reception? Check out our Ultimate Party Playlist.